Monday, September 18, 2006

Back To The Gym

The start of a new week and I eventually got my act together and dragged myself back to the gym.
It has been three months now without exercise and all the bits that I managed to tone up at the beginning of the year have started to wobble again. Sometimes I wonder why I bother, though usually after a couple of weeks I am back on track again.

I am not usually a big fan of gyms, preferring to do my exercise running or training in the pool, but I feel I have been forced to do so as it is too dangerous to run around here with the traffic and I get bored running around the park. We have a local pool too but it is so unorganised and quite gross.
I was really suprised when I walked into the gym today as it had all been renovated, it was already brand spanking new when I started so I don't know what the story is there, they must be making lots of money!
So I did a gentle workout and felt awesome afterwards, a great way to start the day and I really must try and keep it up. Story of my life!

1 comment:

  1. so... I guess you're ShirleyRoma?

    I'm not a gym person but we do have weekly exercise in school - it's crucial for hairdressers to have strong muscles in back and shoulders. I always hate exercising before and during; but the feeling afterwards is great. Really great.

    ReplyDelete