Friday, September 15, 2006

A Wee bit of history

I was born and raised in the UK, before emigrating to New Zealand with my family at 18.
After 6 months I headed to the South Of France to live with my future Italian husband who I met before leaving the UK at the ripe young age of 16.
After living and working in France for 2 years we headed back to NZ, as I was expecting my first baby.
Twenty years later, after having had another 2 children and opening several Restaurants/ Deli's in NZ and Australia, we decided to make the move back to Italy and have been here for 18 months now.
There has been a great deal of adjusting to do, coping with beaurocracy and archaeic systems, as well as trying to perfect the language and starting a business, but we are getting there.
We decided to avoid the hospitality industry and have instead been importing Stainless Steel Gas Barbeques which are very much a part of the NZ and Australian culture.The interest so far has been very positive.
I have been amazed also at how well the children (16 and 18 ) have adjusted, the eldest daughter stayed in NZ to work in TV.
So we shall see what the coming year has in store for us..........

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I just discovered your blog! I'm very excited to read about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete