Friday, December 08, 2006

Chocolates Galore

A rather belated post as there is a fight for the computer at the moment in our house,with one computer being down. I think I am going to have to draw up a timetable!
Last Saturday we all hopped on a cheapy 99 c Ryan Air flight to Belgium as my brother who has moved to Antwerp with his family was celebrating his 40th birthday. It was originally going to be a suprise as we haven't
seen each other for over 4 years, though he had planned to fly to Israel on Sunday so my SIL had to tell him we were coming so he could reschedule. It was great to see them all again especially my nieces and the cousins all got along so well despite not having seen each other for so long.


Bruges Town Centre

Unfortunately we were not able to do much sight seeing as the weather was wet and blustery, however we did take a day trip to Bruges on Sunday dodging in out of shops between the showers. It was certainly a picturesque little town with loads of quaint boutique chocolate shops. I thought the chocolate in Italy was great but the Belgium chocolate is to die for, so exquisite and creamy and packaged in lovely little boxes. So after dinner the rest of the evening was spent indulging in our chocolate purchases followed by hot chocolate.




I found a huge difference between Belgium and Italy, everyone was so quiet and reserved, although very polite they tended to keep themselves to themselves. On the train to the airport we were speaking to each other in our normal voices, though I think to the other passengers we were being loud as we got a few glary looks. Perhaps we should have been whispering.
We had a lovely weekend though, it is always nice to visit new cities and experience a different culture. It is made all the more easier with the cheap flights, next on the list is Prague.

6 comments:

  1. I love doing surprises like you were planning to do, so hard to pull them off though.
    The top right photo looks like.... heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see you had fun with your family. And if you've never been to Prague, you're in for a treat! It's one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok - I am so jealous! And wow, your bro looks so young for turning 40! You both look so youthful...

    And I'm jealous you want to go to prague next. We sort of can't plan trips like this on this side of the pond...Wishing I could go back.. PRague is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. expat traveler- I should of put names to the picture.It is my son and daughter with their younger cousins. It would be nice to look so young again!
    Thanks for stopping by anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum, yum! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete