Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Nonna

This week 'Nonna', Domenico's Mum came to stay. She is getting on a bit now and finds it hard to get out and about, though it suprises me how, when she is at home, she still manages a daily trip up and down 4 flights of stairs to go to the park to feed the pigeons, despite her having a hip disability.
It makes me laugh when she comes as she always brings a bag of treats for Liana and I. This time it consisted of a couple of pairs of huge bras and girdles, four pairs of elastic waisted trousers that don't sit on the hips but go right up to the boobs and a pair of fluorescant pyjamas! Liana and I look at each other in disbelief, though we have to say that they are lovely so not to offend her. The crunch comes when she tells us to try them on to see if they fit OK, it is so hard to try and keep a serious face. I have a special drawer now which is full of Nonna's special gifts to us, I just hope she doesn't go snooping one day and finds them all!

She loves coming to Frascati as she finds it so peaceful compared to Napoli, though most of her time is spent sleeping, she reminds me of a cat, eats and sleeps, eats and sleeps!

2 comments:

  1. She sounds lovely! Brava Nonna for still getting around so well.

    Btw, I think you should post some photos of your family trying on the gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonna sounds awesome...you can never have too many pairs of fluorescent pajamas, you know ;)

    ReplyDelete