Monday, March 19, 2007

Early Days

Domenico is probably going to kill me for posting these pictures which I came across recently, but I think they are so cute and really take you back in time.
This one was taken on the beach at Napoli, probably 44 years ago Domenico is the one with the blonde curls looking towards the camera with his brothers, sister and mama (very proud of her offspring).

This is an early school photo, Domenico is to the right of the teacher. I just love the smock dresses they had to wear, I don't think they did though, as they don't really look like a very happy bunch. Real 'Scugnizzi'!



And here he is 3rd from the left in the second row

6 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos. Loving the smock dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley! Your blog is great, keep up the interesting post. I looked for Giuseppe in the class pictures, I think he's in the front row, ha ha. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet smiling faces. I love the family photo. Yes his mamma looks proud and rightfully so! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These fotos are pricelss. I love a school uniform. Did they wear those regularly? Or was it only for picture day?
    So sweet and there just isn't anything like old family fotos.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheeky
    Thanks for stopping by, unfortunately they had to where the smocks everyday. Poor things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those smocks are still around. my daughter has a white one with a HUGE peter pan collar! I love that first photo, you should frame it!

    ReplyDelete