Sunday, November 18, 2007

Meet Milly


What have we got ourselves into, we have been thinking for some time now about getting a dog, but I wanted to wait until I survived the winter here first!
Well, we took the plunge earlier and gave in and now we are in possesion of Milly a 4 month old German Shepherd. She is absolutely gorgeous and has a lovely temperament, but god I wasn't prepared for the possesiveness, she doesn't leave me alone for a minute, following me around like a shadow... I need my space at times you know!!! She has really attached herself to me and doesn't go loos for anyone else unless I take her, Domenico is overseas at the moment, but as soon as he returns I will be making sure that she knows that he is a great person to be around!


9 comments:

  1. She is molto bella! A fine GS! Judging by the size of her paws, she is going to be a grande girl. We have two and love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen Donnelly ( Hope B.C. Canada )Monday, 19 November, 2007

    She's stunning! What a honey pie!

    I have 4, and I know all about the possessiveness. It's a wonderful GSD trait. Much better than being not attached to you! :)

    ( I found my way to your blog by googling German Shepherd breeders in Italy. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have German Shepherds and they are definitely 'people dogs' - they latch on to one person, and you are theirs. They are such wonderful, beautiful companions, and Milly is beautiful with a wonderful conformation. You are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, how wonderful that you guys got a dog! milly is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous, and I'm so happy to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! perfect dog for all that space =) Welcome back - we missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she is beautiful!!! No, she will probably shadow you always. Mine does. I actually like it now, and when she is out with someone else in the family I kind of "miss" her. Strange how quickly they become a fixed part of your life. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful! Congrats. I know all about dogs not leaving you alone for a minute.... I work from home and it's a challenge sometimes. Best advice I can give... take them out for a run in the morning and they take more naps:) then again, so will you:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh she is GORGEOUS! Won't stay that small for long. We had a golden retriever until recently when she died. I can't wait to get another one when we leave Florence for home in Australia.
    Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete