Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bye Bye House!

A couple of weeks ago we finally sold our house in Le Marche, after having it on the market for a year. It was no ordinary sale either it was destiny!

6 months ago Domenico said to me why don’t you sign up for Facebook..I was always a bit hesitant as I am quite a private person and thought that Facebook may be a bit intrusive. Anyway I gave it a go and ended up discovering alot of friends from my past. One of these was James who was one of my best friends at school and who I lost contact with when I left England 30 years ago. We were both thrilled to be in touch again, and it wasn’t long before we organised to meet up in London where he lives with his partner Jon. We still got along really well and spent alot of time reminiscing...before we left we told him to come and visit us in Le Marche as he was keen to see the house we were selling. James has spent alot of time in Italy and speaks perfect Italian and was at a stage in his life where he wanted to leave England to live in Italy. As it happened he loved our house and when he got back to London put his flat up for sale...within a few weeks it sold and now he is the proud owner of our house.

It was hard letting it go as we have put so much work into the place but I couldn’t be happier that James has bought it as it means that we can still visit and see what progress he makes in continuing with the renovations.
Before After


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you on the sale of your lovely house!

    ReplyDelete