Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Weekend visiting Trieste & Slovenia

Last weekend we made a impromptu decision to drive to Trieste, DJ still had some of his stuff at our place so we thought we would load up the car and drop it to him as he now lived in Trieste. Any excuse to see a new city.
We arrived early evening after a five hour drive from Siena and took the opportunity to explore the city at night. I was quite taken aback with the beautiful buildings and
the various pedestrian shopping areas.

The city had a lively vibe to it with alot of young people spilling out of the bars and cafes into the heated precints drinking their Aperitivi. It certainly had a very international feel to it and was suprised to see so many Ethnic restaurants, especially Japanese.

With Trieste being on the border of Slovenia, we decided the next day to take a road trip to the capital Lubjiana. The low cloud that had lingered over Trieste finally lifted as we reached the border and within an hour we were at Lubjiana. On arriving it seemed like a ghost town but once we parked it didnt take long to find the beautiful old town running along the sides of the canal.

It turned out to be a stunning day and the cafes and restaurants along the canal were packed with people lazing away their Saturday afternoon. Again Lubjiana like Trieste felt very international with all types of cuisine available and had a very friendly laid back atmosphere.

2 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://maternitymotherhood.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://maternitymotherhood.net

    ReplyDelete